Friday, March 20, 2009

THERE'S A NAIL IN THE BOARD IN THE BOTTOM OF THE KENNEL
.
There's a nail in the board in the bottom of the kennel;
There's a nail, there's a nail, there's a nail in the bottom of the kennel.
.
.
What that little ditty doesn't say is that not only was the nail in the board in the bottom of the kennel, but that nail ended up in the FOOT of the boy in the picture on the post on the screen of your computer.
.
Yep, the nail was in there, we couldn't get it out, so an ambulance ride later, we were in the pediatric E.R. having medical personnel dealing with the sticky (pun intended) situation. The little guy was pretty upset (as was his mother) but as soon as the nail was out, he was back to his charming self, even telling the nurses as we left the hospital, "it was nice meeting you". And after we left and ate a late lunch at Sonic and picked up a Littlest Pet Shop toy in Wal-Mart (which he was promised in the ambulance) he told me that yesterday had been a "great day"!
.
By the way, I have to take the chance to thank my dear friend Rhonda for helping with the kids and their sweet kids for all their "get well" notes and presents. I was also very proud with how calm, cool, and collected my older kids were. My oldest daughter actually went with us to the hospital and was amazing. Though I'm not yet ready to say it was a "great" day, I am thankful for God's provision.
.

No comments: