Tuesday, March 10, 2009

MAKING TRACKS

"Architect Frank Lloyd Wright told how a lecture he received at the age of nine helped set his philosophy of life: An uncle, a stolid no-nonsense type, had taken him for a long walk across a snow-covered field. At the far side, his uncle told him to look back at their two sets of tracks. 'See, my boy,' he said, 'how your foot prints go aimlessly back and forth from those trees, to the cattle back to the fence and then over there where you where throwing sticks? But notice how MY path comes straight across, directly to my goal. You should never forget this lesson!' And I never did, 'Wright said, grinning. 'I determined right then not to miss most things in life, as my uncle had.'"

Photos taken of Daughter B on road in front of our farm back in December 2008.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Great story!