Thursday, August 14, 2008

.
IN LIGHT OF HER RECENT BIRTHDAY...




My beautiful, vivacious, and imaginative 2nd daughter celebrated her 13th birthday a couple of weeks ago. In light of that, she wrote on her blog a timeline of her life. That girl is such a hoot! Here's how she defines her life, year by year, up to the present---


"If you're anything like me you like to know everything about people. So here's a timeline of my entire life up to here:

Year 1: I just made my loud and grand debut into the World. Back then I was just a ball of legs, one Alfalfa curl, two enormous green eyes, tiny button nose, and very grabby hands. Oh yeah, and one very big mouth!

Year 2: Growing everyday in everyway (except heightwise, I was just a tad short)

Year 3: I perfected my skills at being the most obnoxious girl alive. Also I began to realize at that age that I had a very good arm at throwing rocks at boys. Yes, that was a talent that I mastered when I was quite young.

Year 4: We had just moved houses and churches. The age four was a year in which I had to adjust to many things.


Year 5: I began to settle down. I was finally used to my new life in the country and I had started to embrace the change. I also discovered how shiny money was (I was quite your Sylus Marner!).

Year 6: I met my bff that year. So far we've been best friends for seven years, three months, one week, and six days. Yes, I have been counting. I could also probably figure how many minutes, hours etc. too if I had enough time, but I don't so this will do.

Year 7: I met my best guy friend that Fall through Homeschool Group. It was also my very first romance. What a big step for me, I was growing up.

Year 8: Was filled with nail polish, posters, pink clothes, giggles, and secrets. I was rather a Ms. Popularity at 8. I'm ashamed of it now, but back then I pretty much dominated the Pop scene. I wasn't mean, but I definitely WAS annoying!

Year 9: Was a struggle for me. I gave up my popularity crowd for my bff and was much happier. Everyone still knew me, but I wasn't up there calling all the shots and being followed by a stream of paparazzi. 9 was yet another big milestone in my short life. I started to see what really mattered and got my act together to get rededicated to God. I also started wearing a bra! Definitely a BIG deal :)

Year 10: I entered the tweenage stage and got my first pimple, on my birthday! What a great gift. At 10 I was still very boy crazy, but thankfully was about to get over that phase. At 10 I thought I was going to be future Mrs. Orlando Bloom so my bathroom door was covered with ripped out magazine pictures of my future husband - much to the annoyance of my older sister (who I shared a room with!)

Year 11: Was a bit rocky for my family because we had to cope with the sudden miscarriage of a baby. After the miscarriage my Mom was not allowed to try to have kids again for fear of death in labor. But we managed, life went on and I continued to grow.


Year 12: Has so far been the absolute best! At the beginning it was a little hard. Both of my step-grandfathers died in the span of one month and my entire family was plagued with lice. We found out that the bugs were living in our hair the day before my birthday! Whoop-dee-doo. Year 12 was a blossoming year for me and there were a few confusing patches. I had to get used to what was happening inside of me. But besides that my 12th year was filled with romance, mission trips, chickenpox, and absolute fun! It was my God year.

Year 13: I can't say much yet about this year since it just started 5 days ago. All I can do is pray that it will be just as wonderful as all the rest, and then some!

Thank you for taking the time to watch me grow from a wailing infant just a few minutes old to a 5'ft. brunette, green-eyed, newly teenager girl. I hope this timeline helps you begin to understand me. But my own family doesn't even know me all that well and they've had to put up with me for 13 years, 5 days, 5 hours, and 42 minutes! I guess my Cell leader is right when she says it takes a lifetime to truly know someone. Well, I got a long way to go if I ever want to know anyone on here decently! So I'll quit typing so I can begin that long process."
.
WOW...I do love that girl! And I'm looking forward to a lifetime of getting to know her.
.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I am sooooo cracking up! I met her when she was three! She definitely knew what she did and did not like and I'll never forget her sassy little walk, bouncing curls and adorable little nose in the air! How funny!

Rhonda Jeanne said...

WHAT romance?? I "finally got to wear a bra"!

Rhonda Jeanne said...

I also loved that she finally settled down at age 5. phew! FiNALLy!