Monday, February 14, 2011

VALENTINE'S DAY FOTOS

I'm feeling really original right now, hence the crazy unique blog post title. Okay, not.

Anywho...here are some photos from our day. Valentine's is actually one of my favorite days of the year and so I spent much of the day with a big ole smile on my face.

This morning, I gave all the kids their Valentine candy. Some of the teenagers --- okay, ALL of the teenagers --- say that they do not like Valentine's Day but they do like chocolate and so they are willing to swallow their distaste of the day in order to enjoy the goodies. Here are some of their photos:








Aren't they cuties?

A neat happening today was that I was able to see one of my best friends from elementary school. Debbie was my across the street neighbor when I lived in Crystal Springs. I've not seen her for over 25 years. We found each other on facebook and were blown away to find out that she and my husband both work in the same building for the same state agency. Isn't that crazy??? When I went to meet my husband for our traditional Valentine's Day lunch, we were able to spend some time visiting. What a special blessing it was for my day!


My sweet hubby surely does know what I like! He took me to one of my favorite places to eat ( THE THAI HOUSE) and gave me one of my favorite treats (chocolate) along with the newest issue of my favorite magazine (EVERY DAY WITH RACHAEL RAY).




The Thai House food and service are fabulous as evidenced by their wall of awards.



And you know me and my thing for taking photos of bathrooms. I loved the bathroom sign in Thai and the wood carved mirror in the bathroom.


And through out the day, the little kids enjoyed reading lots of Valentine's books from the library. Actually, we've been reading them for a few weeks now. After all, they are the offspring of a book-loving, Valentine-celebrating mama!


Happy Valentine's Day to you all!!!

No comments: