Tuesday, April 27, 2010

DO YOU HEAR WHAT I HEAR?

What sounds are you hearing on this Tuesday morning (or maybe it is evening or afternoon) in your corner of the world?

I am over at my friend Rhonda-not-Robin's babysitting her kids. It is a beautiful, sky-blue, sunshiny day with a light breeze and absolutely perfect temperatures...not too hot, not too cold, but just right.

I hear

... the melody made by Rhonda's wind chimes on her cabin's front porch.

...6 year old T playing Poptropica on the other lap top with his pal Ben.

...the notification from my cell phone that someone is messaging me or commenting on a facebook post.

...the little ones playing outside and one of them, I believe my little Miss M, calling out, "Peter, Peter, pumpkin eater!"

...cars crunching on the gravel of the nearby driveway and others wooshing past on the blacktop road out front.

...the buzzer on the back porch dryer alerting me that my clothes are ready.

...the rustling of the green, green leaves as they dance on the playful breeze.

Do you hear what I hear?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a gorgeous day here in Colorado Springs as well! I hear the hum of the computer and the tv from the other room where my daughter is folding her laundry. I'll have to listen closely when I step outside!

Elysa said...

It is amazing what you can hear when you really listen. Can you hear her folding those clothes neatly? ;)