Friday, March 19, 2010

SOME POST-FIRE STUFF

Just some random things related to our post-fire life:

*Now, not only do I have a Go-Potty and Pod in my yard, I now have a dumpster! Woo-Hoo!!!

*We almost---ALMOST---have one whole room cleaned out in our house. Only 9 or so more to go! Woo-Hoo!!!

*My mom is visiting for several days. It is ONLY because of her that I have managed to get ANYTHING done! This woman is incredible.

*We've are very appreciative of the scrumpdishious meals folks have brought us. SO very nice after a hard day of sorting nasty, smokey stuff.

*We took a break from the post-fire work and headed down to Hattiesburg yesterday. We took the three little kids and one of their friends to the zoo, stopped by my sister-in-law's house for a quick visit, and enjoyed a fab lunch at La Fiesta Brava....all while sporting our St. Patrick's Day themed clothes.

*Silent E is a Ninja.

*It was very sad finding one of my childhood dolls all covered with soot. I didn't have the heart to throw her out. I wiped her as clean as I could but I'm afraid her hair tint will forever be Ash Blonde.

*I'm still only online every once in a while, usually at either the library or my pal Rhonda's lakeside cabin. We hope to be wired in the RV sometime next week...or the week after...or.....

*We still continue to be blown away by God's amazing care and provision. His goodness is sustaining us and gets me through the sad times.

No comments: