Friday, March 05, 2010

FIVE QUESTION FRIDAY
.
What is it about quizzes, memes, and questionnaires that draw me like a moth to a flame? Maybe it is being an extrovert? Maybe it hearkens back to my student journalism days and interviews? Or maybe they are just brain candy when I'm wanting some Internet interaction but not up to doing much deep thinking? Or maybe a mix of all. But for whatever reason, when I saw this weekly meme over at fellow MUW alum Lydia's blog, I just had to snag it. Now that I think about it, the cute little image that goes with it probably had a lot to do with it.
.
What's your guilty pleasure?
.
Staying up most of the night on the Internet when hubby isn't home. Sometimes I stay on so long that my arms are aching, my eyes are cottony, my tummy is woozy, and my bum is complaining.
.
What is your favorite TV series?
.
Not a favorite series per say but I'm a sucker for the FOOD NETWORK and the TRAVEL CHANNEL because, well, I love food and travel! And living in the hotel for two weeks right now due to the house fire has given me ample opportunity to get my fix.
.
Can you speak any foreign languages?
.
Pig Latin. Okay, okay....so I guess it doesn't count as a real language. I have a smattering of a few languages such as siSwati, Arabic, French, and Spanish but no mastery of any of them. Maybe one day, Lord willing, I'll have lived long enough in Africa to speak a second language fluently.
.
How many pairs of shoes do you own?
.
Not nearly as many as I used to and that number is quickly shrinking. Pre-fire, I probably was down to 12 pairs as opposed to probably twice that number a couple of years ago. Now in my possession are two pairs of shoes. One is the pair that I wear almost every single day--black,leather, super-comfy, Dansko clogs. The other is a brand new pair of stack flip-flops that my 8 year old daughter LG gave me for my birthday. I've yet to wear them due to the wintry temperatures but I gotta tell you that these silver glitter and black babies are tres' cute!
.
What's your favorite kind of M&M's?
.
Blue, dark chocolate ones all the way! They make my taste buds stand up and sing!
.
**************************************************
.
By the way, if you'd like to participate in FIVE QUESTION FRIDAY, check out this website:
.
.
And here's the link to Lydia's blog:
.
.
She's got some cute and easy craftsy things going on.

No comments: