Friday, July 18, 2008

WIERD PRAYER REQUEST...
PHOTOS, ORPHANS, AND THE P.O.
.
.
Back when I went to Swaziland, I took tons of photos. The kids love having people "shoot" them. One of the young Swazi men that works with the kids emailed me later when we were discussing a particular photo and said that the children would LOVE to receive photos of themselves as most of them have never owned a picture of themself.
.
I've gotten to know a lady in Louisiana thru her blog. Her husband is going to Swaziland with a ministry called Children's Cup. They leave Sunday.
.
I ordered a ton of photos last week. I know, I know...I should have done it a lot sooner but I kept putting it off because I knew it was going to be a big project. But, in the past when I've ordered photos they've always been processed, shipped, and delivered within a week.
.
After contacting customer service, I just found out that they just shipped out this morning. I was hoping I could get the order changed to overnight but its too late. They're already in transit.
.
I know its not life or death, but I'd really like those precious children who face so many hard things in this life to know that someone didn't forget about them once they got home and for them to have the blessing of a photo. Mailing the package myself over there would cost an arm and a leg. I had already mailed some photos to the man going over...but not of ALL of the children. I don't want some to get photos and not all of the children.
.
So would you please pray with me? I'm praying that the package would be fly thru the postal system and arrive there tomorrow before Dean leaves on Saturday.
.
Thanks so much!

No comments: