Monday, July 14, 2008

.
THE COMPLETE CHRISTY AWARDS LIST
.
In my last blog post, I wrote about Lisa Samson's Christy win. I found out through my pal Shauna over at http://shaunarumbling.blogspot.com/ who the other winners are. Here's the complete list of 2008 winners:
.
CONTEMPORARY (Stand Alone)
Chasing Fireflies by Charles Martin
.
CONTEMPORARY (Series, Sequels and Novellas)
Home to Holly Springs by Jan Karon
.
HISTORICAL
A Proper Pursuit by Lynn Austin
.
LITS
Hallie's Heart by Shelly Beach
.
ROMANCE
Remembered by Tamera Alexander
.
SUSPENSE
The Cure by Athol Dickson
.
VISIONARY
Scarlet by Stephen R. Lawhead
.
FIRST NOVEL
The Stones Cry Out by Sibella Giorello
.
YOUNG ADULT
Hollywood Nobody by Lisa Samson
.
I loved Hollywood Nobody and even reviewed it in a previous blog post. I'm presently reading The Stones Cry Out and have heard great things about this book from fellow Five in a Row book addicts over at the Family Forum I frequent. I've also read Chasing Fireflies and Home to Holly Springs and found both to be great reads....though I personally think Lisa Samson's Quaker Summer deserved not just a nomination, but an award. That book was truly used by God to change the entire focus of my life.
.
I guess I'll start working my way through the rest of the list now. Even though not all of the books are in my preferred book genres, I find often, that well written books are good reads regardless of their classification.
.

3 comments:

Rhonda Jeanne said...

WOW! My thoughts exactly...more books to check out! Like I need more...but really, can you have too many books??

Anonymous said...

I've got something for ya on my blog!

Elysa said...

RJ---There can never be too many books, just not enough waking hours to read them!

CB---FUN! Going to check it out now. C you! :D