Wednesday, September 26, 2007

O' THE GOODNESS OF FALL
.
This time last year, I was preparing for my first trip to New England. I was able to spend some glorious fall days in the Boston area with my longtime friend Denise and her family. For years, I'd heard of the splendor of autumn in New England, and through our Five in a Row homeschool studies, I'd learned about cranberry bogs.
.
But nothing I'd read or seen on T.V. prepared for me for the beauty...and I was there in early fall before things really got colorful! This photo was taken at the cranberry bog just behind the Gregson's home. It was simply amazing!
I must admit, as much as I'm partial to Southern living, our autumn is not as striking in its appearance. Despite that fact, there are still so many things I love about this season. Fall means to me...
.
Bright leaves * cooler temperatures * the state fair * Troubadour pledges * spider lillies * jumping in leaf piles * pots of soup * my princess' birthday * mums * football * camping with other homeschoolers * boots * umbrellas * long sleeves * candy apples * fireplaces * scarecrows * candy corn * fall festival * hot chocolate * fun socks * pumpkins * my oldest daughter's birthday * cinnamon * turkey and dressing * cranberry sauce * pilgrims * giving thanks * Macy's parade * my second son's birthday * less perspiring * colorful gourds * open windows * jackets * snuggling under blankets * shorter days * longer nights * less mosquitoes

No comments: