Tuesday, September 11, 2007


MISSING FRIENDS


We all have them, those people that at one time in our life played such an important part in our lives. Some of them we were childhood friends with while others we worked side-by-side with. Some I knew for ages and others only briefly. Over the years, time and distance pulls us apart. We lose addresses or forget to write down new information. Those people will forever be a part of our past, a past filled with memories that for the most part, at least in my life, are good ones.


Through the internet, I've been able to locate some people that I had no clue where they were. Others, though are still missing...and I'm still missing them. I wonder how they are, what they are doing, if life is good for them or are they hurting and need a friend.


Every now and again, my kids think its fun to do a google search of their own names or people they know and see what comes up. The other day I came up with an idea. Maybe, just maybe, if I list the folks who I've lost touch with they might do a similar search one day, find that they've been missed, and get in touch with me.


So here are some of my missing persons:


Lisa Davis Whitfield

Amy Dance (maybe now Butts?)

Carol Coslet Cho

Kim Grace

Steve Massey

Sheryl (or Sherryl or Cheryl) Boykin

Kathy Ponder

Leanne and Lisa Smith

Cathy (or Kathy) Sue Smith

Mendy (or Mindy) Helber

Ruth Ngomane

Margie Hynd

John Bedor (or maybe Bidor?)

Julie Illewski

Penny and Dee Evans

Dana Webb

Michelle McDonald

Ray and Debbie Cullens (kids Jason and Melissa)

Jane Moreno

Shirley Hawkins

Ruth Webb

Donna Holder

Rhonda Starr

Kathleen Stewart (Southern Theological Seminary)

Erin Mulligan

Sally and Sara (Sarah?) Poole

Sandy and Mark Johnson

Geri Brickell (or Brickel?)

Lou (Louis) and Lee Harlow (kids Matthew and Sara or Sarah)


Staffers/counselors/campers/volunteers at Potter's Wheel/Baptist Village Israel during the Summer or 1987


The Covenant Players who toured Swaziland in the late 1980's


Journeyman who served in Southern Africa during the late 1980's


Members of The International Baptist Church of Mbabane, Swaziland during the last 1980's


Hoping that one day our paths will cross again.



No comments: