Thursday, January 15, 2009

AND I'M NOT AFRAID TO ADMIT IT


I've said it before but as is often the case with me, I'll just have to repeat myself. Repeat myself? Is that even a real sentence? Or grammatically correct?


ANYWAY...I digress and so rudely interrupt myself.


As I was saying, I've said it before, but usually I really enjoy having teenagers in the house. Yeah, yeah...sometimes they drive me absolutely beyond bonkers. I mean, how many times do I have to say "no, you can't watch that movie" or "I don't care if so-n-so does it, you're not so-n-so"?


But on the whole, my teenage daughters are wonderfully great young women and I am enjoying their teenage years. Really. I promise.


Both of the oldest girls have a blog and I must admit that I read them with great interest. I know I'm their mom and prone to be partial, but in my ever humble opinion, they really have a way with words. And even simple things like tagged memes often make me chuckle and give a glimpse into what's going on in their world and in mind. Or would that be "worlds" and "minds"?


I digress and interrupt myself again. Please, excuse me self.


Recently I read a meme that the oldest daughter A posted on her blog. With her permission, I'm sharing it here:


So I got tagged by Harmony over on Castles in the Air (very good blog. Very funny.) to do this "15 Thing I'm Not Afraid to Admit" tag so...here it is. (You should be scared!)


1. I have a deformed toe. It stopped growing when I was five so it's really small and not even with the rest of my toes. Sick I know. I'll have to post a picture of it's ugliness sometime...


2. My bat is my best friend. Seriously. He knows EVERYTHING!!!!


3. We are going to take over the world. Starting with the next Batman movie. (Not sure how it's gonna work out though, cause I have to be at least eighteen and Batboy has to be able to fly on his own. Which he can't do even though he swears he can.) I'm also not sure how we're gonna take over the world by being in a Batman movie...still working on that.


4. I cry in movies. A lot.


5. My first crushes were Balto (Yes, that's right. The dog.) and Robin Hood (the fox. The cartoon fox.). Unfortunately our love was doomed from the start. The whole cartoon animal thing. Yeah.


6. My next crushes were Darth Vader and Aragorn.


7. I was a weird kid.


8. I talk to myself and make up friends and boyfriends. Weird doesn't even cover me.


9. I'm don't care about anyone's opinion. Unless I like them. And even then I usually ignore it.


10. I love music more than boys. Boys are stupid. Unless you make them up.


11. Guitar really hurts to play and I pretty much suck at it.


12. I love Pixar cartoons.


13. I also love Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin and Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas.


14. I watch (and enjoy) the Hot Wheels movies with my brothers.


15. I'm not scared to admit there are things I'm scared to admit.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was fun to read!

I just got caught up on your other posts! Very inspiring Elysa!

Elysa said...

Thanks, Kelly. Inspired you enough to go to Africa with me and Jim later on this year? ;)

Wouldn't THAT be a hoot!?

And yeah...I'm still catching up from the holidays on the blogs I regularly read, answering emails, etc.