Monday, April 21, 2008

MONDAY UPDATE

I'd really love to give y'all an update on the last few days as a lot of good things happened, but I started feeling really nauseous last night and am still feeling nasty this morning. I'll save a newsy update for later. But for now I'll leave you with this quote that I rec'd today:

"Can the elder son in me come home? Can I be found as the younger son was found? How can I return when I am lost in resentment, when I am caught in jealousy, when I am imprisoned in obedience and duty lived out as slavery? It is clear that alone, by myself, I cannot find myself. More daunting than healing myself as the younger son, is healing myself as the elder son. Confronted here with the impossibility of self redemption, I now understand Jesus' words to Nicodemus: 'Do not be surprised when I say; 'You must be born from above.'' Indeed, something has to happen that I myself cannot cause to happen. I cannot be reborn from below; that is, with my own strength, with my own mind with my own psychological insights.I can only be healed from above, from where God reaches down. What is impossible for me is possible for God. 'With God, everything is possible'. "

Henri Nouwen, The Return of the Prodigal

No comments: