Friday, April 25, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY OLDEST SON

Today, my 3rd born child and oldest son turned 11 years old. I love seeing him turn into a young man who is committed to God and growing in maturity and understanding. All on his own, he wakes up before everyone else in the mornings and reads his Bible. He prays daily for those who don't know the goodness of God --- that they will know His love and salvation. He also prays for Swaziland and the great needs of that country and its people. He especially prays for the king and for the orphans.

Due to a mild stomach virus going thru the family, we weren't able to have friends over to celebrate, but D says its still been a very good birthday.

This morning, at his request, I made cheese grits and bacon. Super Daddy stayed home from work so he was able to enjoy the birthday breakfast. Afterwards, D opened up his gifts from his siblings and his Grandma Chris. He received M&M's, two Lego sets, and a Hot Wheels car.

For lunch, again chosen by him, we ate pizza bites, macaroni-and-cheese, and apple sauce. Then the majority of us joined the homeschool group for our weekly meeting at the park. We took the time to introduce Daddy to the nice nature trail the younger kids and I recently discovered.

After running errands, I fixed D's main birthday feast of hamburgers (Jim did the grilling), b-b-q beans, and fancy chips followed by a yummy but VERY easy ice cream sandwich "cake" topped with figures. He then opened his last gifts of the day, a Lego set from the parents and a Lego Star Wars shirt from Grandma Little Mc.

The little ones are going to bed, D is going to watch a "big kids" movie with his older sisters, and I'm going to bed. I'm exhausted. So is Super Daddy. Having fun takes a toll on us middle agers.

Happy Birthday D! I love you so very much and thank my God for blessing me with your life. I can't wait to see what God has in store for you!


2 comments:

Karen Deborah said...

Happy Birthday big guy!

Rhonda Jeanne said...

Happy Happy Birthday David!