Wednesday, June 27, 2007

"I WANT TO BE A DUMPSTER DIVER"

My 3 year old son informed me of this aspiration at breakfast today. At first, I was a bit confused. After all, most kids his age want to be firefighters or super heroes or train engineers...but a DUMPSTER DIVER? Then I was reminded of a book we've got checked out from the library, THE DUMPSTER DIVER by Janet S. Wong.

This book has captured not just his imagination, but has sparked the imagination of some of his siblings as well. In fact, just a few minutes ago, I heard his 5 year old sister say to him "I want to be a dumpster diver". To which I asked "are you going to be be a dumpster diver, too, when you grow up?" Apparently her statement just applied to here and now pretend play as she regally informed me "no, I'm just going to be a princess".

No comments: