Monday, September 18, 2006

SOMETHING TO PONDER

My good friend and fellow homeschool mom Dawn sent me this quote. Its from Charlotte Mason who was an English educator in the 1800's---

"The wonder that Almighty God can endure so far to leave the very making of an immortal being in the hands of human parents is only matched by the wonder that human parents can accept this divine trust with hardly a thought of its significance!"

It really is humbling to think that the PERFECT parent trusts me, a VERY imperfect parent, to raise 7 of his children. May I never take this responsiblity lightly. May I ALWAYS remember that they are HIS and as it says in Matthew 25:45b, "Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me".

And as I face this challenge to lovingly and wisely raise my children, I can get so overwhelmed with the magnitude of the job. I must always remember that "I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me". It is not through my goodness that I will raise them as I should, but through HIS loving goodness dwelling and flowing through my life.

No comments: