Wednesday, February 10, 2010

WORKS FOR ME WEDNESDAY...
"HOME BAKED" VALENTINE'S DAY COOKIES



My kids, like most kids, are crazy for sugar. And since I usually try to limit their intake and, as my 16 year old daughter has just grumpily pointed out, I rarely bake sweets, they really look forward to those holidays that will give them an excuse to indulge. Added to that, I've got a couple of kids who love to help cook and think that baking with Mommy is just the most incredible activity ever!

But to be honest, I do NOT find baking to be the most incredible activity ever. I love cooking. In fact, it is my favorite of all the domestic arts. But baking? I avoid it as much as I can. Maybe because unlike casseroles and stir fries and soups, I have to follow exact measurements and times and temperatures and not just fly by the seat of my black corduroys.

ANYWAY....since Valentine's Day is coming up and since the kids will want to take something fun AND sweet to their homeschool group party and since I really do love my kids and enjoy seeing how much fun the little ones have, I'm going to let them back cookies. But since I loathe baking, I'm doing a great compromise....

PILLSBURY READY TO BAKE COOKIES with RED MORSELS, in honor of Valentine's Day, of course.

The kids are happy. Mom is happy. And that's a win-win situation for the folks at Graceland.

2 comments:

Jen U. said...

Sounds good to me! Happy Valentines Day Elysa and fam!

Elysa said...

Happy Valentine's to you and yours, too, Jen! And Happy SNOW Day...hopefully. :)