Sunday, February 14, 2010


VALENTINE LOVING

On Friday night, despite the snow, hunky hubby and I got to travel down to Wesson for our Valentine's date at Porches that wrote about in a previous post. It was a lovely, romantic evening. I've been pleased with every visit to Porches and getting to share it with my true love made it even nicer.

The old home that houses Porches was beautiful in the snowy evening light. Many had cancelled due to the weather so we had our particular part of the restaurant all to ourselves. Let me tell you about our amazing meal.

Now I am no fan of crab cakes, but let me tell you, Porches' crab cakes are fabulous! The "Come Back" sauce served with them is the perfect compliment. We split that for an appetizer before our salads and main entrees. I ordered the fried Gulf oysters and hubby had a serving of prime rib with a crazy good, creamy, horseradish sauce. Again, I am no fan of horseradish but this sauce and the prime rib it was served with made for a fabulous pairing. With the entrees were served fat, fluffy rolls (which we were too full to even touch except to wrap up and bring home to the kids) and baked pototoes. And again, we were too full to even finish those. Then came the desserts! Hubby ordered the bread pudding with an almond sauce and I had this HUGE affair called "Chocolate Resurrection". And yes, we couldn't finish this either. Of course, the kids were more than glad to eat the rest of it at home.

And as always, the service was efficient and the owners were charming and gracious.

Here are some photos from the evening:









Fast forward to today, and for Valentine's Day, before I'd even had a chance to get up, my beloved brought me goodies---dark chocolate m&m's, a funny yet romantic Hoops and YoYo card, a dark chocolate rose, and Zapp's Cajun Crawtaters. I gave him a whole pack of dark chocolate coconut and almond bars and the kids got Hershey's bars on top of all the goodies their teachers showered on them at church. The kids had special Valentine's activities in church, one lady crocheted heart-themed goodies for the women, and we sang special love song to Jesus.

It was definitely a special and love-filled weekend.

Here are some photos from our love filled Valentine's Day:








e



No comments: