Monday, October 05, 2009

WHAT I WON'T BE EATING AT THE FAIR THIS WEEK


Every October, our family heads out the Mississippi State Fair. We pet the exotic animals, scream on rides, ooh-and-ah at the circus, enter crafts for judging, look at the exhibits, and eat yummy fair food. All year long we look forward to the Penn's chicken-on-a-stick, funnel cakes, and cotton candy among other tasty treats. And every year it seems like something new is added to the offering. Driving thru the fairgrounds as they were setting up, while on our way to turn in our craft entries this past Friday, I noticed signs for "fried jalapenos". Those have now been added to my list of what I want to eat.
.
What I don't want to eat is another new fair offering---the Craz-E Burger. Yes, this 1,500 calorie monstrosity pictured above is one of the latest culinary creations to hit the nation's fairgrounds. Comprised of a beef patty, bacon, and cheese on a buttered KRISPY KREME donut for a bun, this big boy is one heart stopping attraction that will make it easy for me to "just say no".
.
Now, pass the deep-fried Snickers bar, please.
.

No comments: