Tuesday, October 13, 2009

HE'S CARRYING ME



As I shared last night, I've been struggling with feeling down...something very unusual for me. Cristi is a new friend of mine. Her son Chris was on my daughter's Swazi team this past summer. Cristi sent me the link to this video. She thought it would be an encouragement to me.

She was right.

I must admit that when I first saw the title, I thought it was going to be some cheesy "footprints in the sand" thingie. But I watched it because Cristi sent it to me.

And I was glad I did.

It did remind me that even if the problem doesn't go away immediately, or the circumstances don't change, that God is with me. I've been praying for this heavy-heartedness to leave. It hasn't. I smiled and laughed and sang and hooped and hollered at the fair with my seven kids today. But as soon as we left and the noise and lights and clowns faded away, I noticed the heaviness again.

I don't know how long it will be here. But I need to remember that no matter how long this lasts, HE will outlast it. He is the faithful Father who is always here for me. And He knows. And understands.

No comments: