Friday, March 14, 2008

WHAT A FORETASTE
.
Lisa Samson is an incredible writer. Her works introduce me to people, who though they dwell in the pages of fictional books, are real...and their stories are true....true stories filled with eternal and universal truths.
.
EMBRACE ME is Lisa's latest release. Though the library has ordered it, I just couldn't wait this time around. I've known Lisa through her writing for years, but after traveling with her to Swaziland in January, I know her through her life as well. And her every day living is as spiritually rich and delightfully authentic as her books. So after speeding through her TIGER LILLIE earlier this week, and went to our local Christian bookstore and plopped down my birthday gift certificate and a few one dollar bills and purchased EMBRACE ME.
.
I'm only a few pages into it, but its already pulling me as all her others have done. In fact this one pulled me in before I even started the first chapter. As I turned to the beginning, I read the quote Lisa had placed at the beginning of the book:
.
"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless."
.
---G.K. Chesterton
.
And to quote another famous wordsmith, what a foretaste of glory divine!
.

1 comment:

stacy said...

oh, elysa! i can't wait to hear your thoughts on this one when you finish! (although i found it very hard to review without giving spoilers away!)

isn't lisa samson a blessing???