Sunday, March 16, 2008

.
FEELING CLAUSTROPHOBIC
.
I've told you about my friend Kevin Bowman in a previous blog post. And I mentioned his wife Christi . She was my main seatmate as we bounced and lurched and swerved along dirt roads as well as fast highways in Southern Africa. We laughed, we talked, we shared our hearts. And I was blessed to be there as God opened her eyes up to so many, many things on that journey to Swaziland. Like me, Christi and Kevin are struggling. They are struggling to reconcile what they saw in Africa with their lives back here in America. They are struggling to become what God wants them to be in order to fulfill His plans for their lives...plans that probably include living in Swaziland one day.
.
Christi has recently started blogging about her spiritual journey. She has kindly consented to me sharing an excerpt of one of her posts here:
.
I'm having a rough day today. I feel overwhelmed. I am not the same person I used to be...I am changing...being renewed. The new me, though, continues to live on, at least for a while, in the same space as the old me...and I am feeling claustrophobic. The things that used to be important just aren't anymore. I try to do some general house cleaning, and I find myself just wanting to give it all away. The more I exist in what I have, the more it sickens me. I want so badly to put the house on the market, and just walk away.
.
To read the rest of Christi's post, click here. Prepare to be challenged.
.
And please pray for them both.
.

No comments: