Tuesday, February 19, 2008

PER KELLY'S REQUEST

Kelly over at LAUGHING ALWAYS HELPS has asked her readers to post on their blogs their favorite songs. I love music so its pretty tough for me to narrow it down to just ONE favorite...I love so many for so many different reasons. I love some songs because they remind me of my incredible husband and our romance such as DANCING IN THE MOONLIGHT and HOW SWEET IT IS TO BE LOVED BY YOU. Other songs bring back memories of dear friends from the past and fun times we shared such as GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN, WE GOT THE BEAT, FRIENDS ARE FRIENDS FOREVER, and WALK LIKE AN EGYPTIAN. Some songs I love because of their spiritual richness and grace-filled lyrics. AMAZING GRACE, BEAUTY OF GRACE, and songs by Rich Mullins, Keith Green, and Steven Curtis Chapman come readily to mind.

But my very, very favorite song? I guess I have to fall back on the very first pop song that I ever obsessed over...and my brother will testify that I certainly obsessed over it. Its a wonder I didn't plum wear the grooves thru on the 45 record I owned of DON'T GIVE UP ON US BABY. David Soul was the first celebrity crush that elicited chillbumps in my life and I can still remember as a 9 or 10 year old imagining that David Soul was singing that to me, begging me to forgive him and give our love one last chance.

Alas, our love didn't last forever. But my love for the song is still there..."written in the moonlight, painted on the stars."

4 comments:

Karen Deborah said...

your a hopeless romantic. Isn't it great to be in love?

Anonymous said...

Love it Elysa! I can just see you singing this over and over and swooning! At least you can sing. You don't want to imagine me doing such things.

Rhonda Jeanne said...

Wyatt LOVES this song! We watched some youtube videos for this song the other day.

Elysa said...

Karen---Yes, I love being in love. Especially since I'm in love with such an awesome man.

Kelly---LOL! Actually, since returning from Swaziland, I've not had much of a voice. Most of the sinus crud has left, but in its place, it left a throat-dwelling, singing toad frog.

Rhonda---NO WAY that Wyatt loves this song! What a hoot! And oh my!!! Some of those videos set to this song were a leetle bit TOO much! Rolling eyes here. BTW, are you still coming to my house today?