Sunday, January 20, 2008

TRUE FOR ALL OF US

"I don't have a hard time believing the Gospel is true.for you. God loves you and accepts you and wants to do good to you. The problem is, I have such a hard time believing it's true for me. Luther nailed it when he said that we are born with an inborn suspicion that God is not for us. Like a bass note in a terrific song, I battle almost daily the constant thumping that because of my failures, sins, and selfishness, I do not have God's favor. He seems to be never satisfied. So what is the answer? How do I keep on keeping on? The life and death of Jesus tells me that the lie is just that, a lie. God is satisfied because He was satisfied with Jesus; and I am in Him and He is in me. That's the antidote to the inborn suspicion-the Father is for me, because of the cross of Jesus. So daily, it's a fight of faith; to believe the Gospel is true for me."

Tom Wood, www.cmmnet.org

No comments: