Thursday, January 17, 2008

OH, THE POWER OF PEER PRESSURE

My 6 year old princess came sobbing to me tonight. I pulled her up in my lap and tried to get her to tell me what was wrong. All the while, her 10 year old brother pranced about showing off his pox-ridden bare torso. She kept saying that she couldn't tell me what was wrong because it would make her too sad. Finally, she told me that she was crying because, as she said in her words, "I'm the only one who doesn't have the chicken pox so I can't do the chicken pox dance".
.
Reminds me of Dr. Seuss' story about the Sneetch's.
.
And yes, all of her siblings have come down with them now. Baby M's first spots debuted tonight.
.
Off to go check on the poxy progeny.

1 comment:

Rhonda Jeanne said...

You've got to get the Marc Brown book, "Arthur's Chicken Pox." He gets chicken pox and his little sister tries to fake her chicken pox so she can rake in on all the extra attention.