I was trying to think about what to blog about today, and I thought a Christmas meme might be fun. I didn't know of one that was exactly like I wanted...the only one I'd seen asked about Christmas memories and would require a lot of thinking and typing...so I decided to come up with on of my own. I'll go ahead and tag a few people to hopefully get the ball rolling, but even if I don't tag you specifically, feel free to use it anyway. Also, feel free to delete or add any questions. This is all about being in the merry Christmas mode...NOT about stressing out!
So here goes:
- Favorite traditional Christmas song: Carol of the Bells
- Favorite contemporary or modern Christmas song: Tennessee Christmas by Amy Grant
- Christmas song that makes you cry: All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman
- Real or artificial tree: REAL!
- Favorite Christmas edible treat: Chex Mix and sausage-cheese balls (though Drewe Llyn's sausage-cheese mini-muffins were just as YUM-O!)
- White lights or multi-colored: BOTH!
- How many Christmas parties will you go to this year? 3.5
- Favorite act of kindness to perform during this season? Packing shoeboxes for Samaritan's Purse and their Operation Christmas Child
- Favorite sounds of Christmas: Christmas music, children's excited voices, Salvation Army bells ringing
- Favorite things to wear: Lots of red and black plus my silver snowflake and angel bracelet and earring set I bought a few years back at Target.
- Favorite Christmas movie/TV special: I can't name just one but ITS A WONDERFUL LIFE, MUPPET CHRISTMAS CAROL, A CHARLIE BROWN CHRISTMAS, HOW THE GRINCH STOLE CHRISTMAS, CHRISTMAS WITH THE CRANKS, ELF, THE CHRISTMAS CHILD, and THE NATIVITY STORY are among my favorite.
- Eggnog or hot chocolate: Hot Chocolate!!! Oh yeah! Marshmallows OR whipped cream! YUM-O!
- Favorite Christmas book: Again, can't limit myself to just one but I really like MORTIMER'S CHRISTMAS MANGER, BEAR STAYS UP FOR CHRISMAS, THE CHRISTMAS DOLL, SKIPPING CHRISTMAS, MIRACLE IN THE SHOEBOX, MR. WILLOWBY'S CHRISTMAS TREE, THE CLOWN OF GOD, and of course, the BIBLE
- Christmas books on my "to read" list: @ HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS, THE GIFT by Richard Paul Evans, THE CHRISTMS BLESSING (sequel to THE CHRISTMAS SHOES)
- Peppermint or cinnamon: Peppermint
- What's on the top of your tree? Has been many different things over the years...handmade wire star, yellow posterboard star...who knows this year.
- Traditional Christmas meal growing up: Fried quail, cornbread, butter beans, rice and gravy all cooked by my Grandma McElhaney
- Online shopping or traditional "go to the store" shopping: Definitely will do both!
- Something you rec'd as a Christmas gift as a child that you still have: Baby Tender Love doll
- How many Christmas cards you have mailed so far: NONE :(
- Favorite source for Christmas ideas: Five in a Row holiday board http://www.fiarhq.com/~gbprnhrz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37
- Coordinated/themed or hodge-podge tree decorations: DEFINITELY hodge-podge
- What's on the top of YOUR Christmas wishlist: Steven Curtis Chapman's new cd and a cute apron
- Roles you've played in Christmas plays/programs: Narrator in kindegarten and Mary in college church musical
Now I'm tagging:
Kelly Legg http://laughingalwayshelps.blogspot.com/
Rhonda Roberts http://rhondajeanne.blogspot.com/
My 12 year old daughter: http://dreamsraindrop.blogspot.com/
Drewe Llyn http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/DreweLlyn
OH! And if you play along, don't forget to let the folks you tag know they are now "it"! :)