Thursday, October 07, 2010

A QUICK TRIP SUMMARY



I'm still just trying to adjust back to life back in the States plus edit and upload approximately 1900 photos, so a super detailed trip report will have to wait a while longer. In the meantime, I'll give you some quick highlights from our trip:

*The travel went safe and smoothly every step of the way, NO luggage was lost by anyone, and ears did great! In fact, I didn't have any discomfort at all until the very last landing back here in Mississippi on Monday.

*The team worked great together and we had a fabulous time loving on the kids, encouraging the grandmothers (gogos) and mothers (makes ... pronounced mah-gays) who daily cook and care for the kids, and getting to know better the Adventures in Missions staff that works both behind the scenes and on the frontlines to provide top quality ministry to the kids and community of Bheveni Carepoint.


*Jim and I had a wonderful time together in Swaziland after the team went back to the U.S. We stayed with a missionary couple that ministers through the Zion Bible College training pastors and church leaders. We learned a lot about that ministry and also had the chance to talk to others who are working in Swaziland in various capacities. Jim loved Africa and we both believe God is indeed calling us to move our family over there in approximately 3 years upon his retirement.

*I had a blessed time seeing old places and visiting with dear friends from my time of living there in the 1980's. I loved introducing them to Jim and can't wait to introduce them to my kids in the not too distant future.

That's it for now. I promise that one of these days I'll be finished with all the pictures and have my brain settled enough to begin to effectively communicate what we saw and experienced. In the meantime, thanks again for all of you who prayed for us and donated money and items toward our trip. It truly was an amazing, amazing experience. I am so blessed and overwhelmed with God's goodness. Jim and I kept saying over and over again on the last day in Africa, that God had really just worked out everything so perfectly for us. Every single aspect deserved praise and thanksgiving.

He answered our prayers and then some...in fact, more than some....over and abundantly!

But then that's just the way He is.

I think He really enjoys surprising His kids.

No comments: