Friday, November 20, 2009

FLASHBACK FRIDAY

.
Yep, that's the BIG HAIRED, lipsticky, Graceland Southern Belle herself pictured up above hugging on some Swaziland missionary kids now all grown up. This photo was taken during the two years that I served in Swaziland as a single missionary during the late 1980's as a Southern Baptist Journeyman. I primarily worked with our church's preschool but also taught Sunday School, led the youth girls, and helped with the young adult group. Those two years were definitely two of the most fun years of my life and planted a love for Africa deep, deep in my heart.
.
And the rest of the folks in the picture? All Southern Baptist missionaries and other missionary children who will always be very dear to me. Each one of them was a part of something truly amazing...the start of my Swaziland journey.
.
Thank you for loving this disorganized, procrastinating, scared, often air-headed, young woman so very long ago! Y'all were truly family.

No comments: