Monday, September 07, 2009

DAY 38: CALLING THE CHILDREN

As part of the FORTY DAYS OF PRAYING WITH THE CHILDREN, Children's Cup asks to focus in on the spiritual lives of the children that they minister to:

There are hundreds of little African lives to whom Children’s Cup is teaching the ways of Jesus. They are learning about his life and death and resurrection. Pray with us that they will not only give their hearts to Christ, but also to dedicate their lives to full-time service in God’s kingdom.

“‘Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.’ ‘Ah, Sovereign LORD,’ I said, ‘I do not know how to speak; I am only a child.’ But the LORD said to me, ‘Do not say, ‘I am only a child.’ You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you.’” - Jeremiah 1:5-7 (NIV)

Photo is of A's AIM Ambassador teammate Mary at one of the Manzini Children's Cup carepoints. They spent several days with these children.

To read the rest of the post and see an accompanying prayer video, go to: http://childrenscup.org/v2/fortydays/?p=292

No comments: