Wednesday, December 09, 2009

GIVE HOPE THIS CHRISTMAS SEASON

Looking for a way to bless others during this time of year? Why not consider supporting the amazing ministry of Children's HopeChest. This is the organization that we traveled with to Swaziland two years ago and I can testify that they are effective stewards of the resources given to them and lives are being changed for the good. Here is a message from the folks at Children's HopeChest:
.
Africa: Lift a child from extreme poverty
.
Help build 25 new carepoints to serve 5,000 orphans with food, education, and discipleship.
.
My name is Musa. I am five. My mother and father are dead from AIDS. Now my sister Zodwa is taking care of me. She's 12. After my parents died, we ate grass for food, but now that is changed. Every day the go-gos cook food for us at the carepoint. At the carepoint, Zodwa and I eat two meals each day. I no longer think about food so much. Now I dream of school. Thank you for making this place for me and Zodwa. Please do not ever forget us. I do not want to be hungry again.
.
With an HIV infection rate of over 45%, widows and orphans are the only people left in Swaziland. That's why Pastor Walter, already poor himself, took money from his own pocket to start our first carepoints. The smoke from the fires brought the hungry children from the countryside. They emerged from isolation, relieved that this food was free of any strings--no expectation that they would have to trade sex for food. Those modest carepoints have grown to a network that now feeds over 4,500 children each day!
.
We have identified 5,000 orphans in Swaziland, Ethiopia, and Uganda who are ready for enrollment in our programs. What they need is a carepoint, a safe place where they can receive food, medical care, education, and discipleship.
.
This is what children like Musa and Zodwa find at Children's HopeChest carepoints. Your gift of $50, $100, or $500 will not only provide food, but will lift children from lives of poverty through care, discipleship, and--eventually--self-sustaining projects and education.
.
Make a difference in a child's life this Christmas
by giving a gift of HOPE.
.
Click here to give to an African child:
http://www.hopechestpartners.org/africa.asp?tpgid=93108767&sn=0

No comments: