Wednesday, October 08, 2008

CAN YOU HELP THIS WOMAN?
.
I received this from my friend Dawn:
.
I'm helping a homeless woman get on her feet. She's working 2 jobs right now and just got into an apt. She needs a car. I've been running her to and from her jobs so far, but she really needs a car. If anyone can help, or knows of something very inexpensive that still runs, please email me.
.
She also needs things for the apartment. End tables, lamps, vacuum, silverware, cooking things--pans, etc., . . .really anything that could be used in an apt. She already has a bed, couch, t.v., and kitchen table. But no chairs for the table yet, so she could use some kitchen chairs.
.
She was in the women's shelter in Pearl, and there are other women there trying to get into apartments, so if anyone has these types of household things to give away, the store "Second Chance" in Pearl will take them and then pass them out to the women trying to get back on their feet. Many of these are women w/ children who've been battered by their husbands and are trying to make a new life for themselves.
.
Thanks!
.
Dawn
.
P.S. People are collecting cleaning supplies to donate to the Battered Women's Shelter in Pearl. When women stay there, they need to wash their clothes, and their children's clothes. They need to wash dishes, clean the bathrooms, mop the floors, etc. If you'd like to pick up something extra the next time you go to the store to donate to them, you can give it to me the next time you see me, and I'll see that it gets to the shelter. [As] I've been involved helping this woman from the shelter get on her feet, the stories she's told me about the others in the shelter have been heart rending. I'm convicted daily of taking all that I have for granted, and not being thankful enough--thankful that I have a home, my health, a family, a car, food in the cabinets, and clothes on my back. I am so blessed, and I want to help others.

So, washing detergent, paper towels, bleach, comet, glass cleaner, pine sol, etc. Anything will be helpful.
.
If you live in my area and can help with this situation, email me or leave a comment and I'll get Dawn's contact information to you. If you have cleaning supplies to donate and don't know Dawn personally, you can give those to me and I"ll pass them on to her.
.

No comments: