Friday, June 27, 2008




LOOKING FORWARD TO A SUMMER OF SIGNIFICANCE...
.
...through the eyes of my 12 year old:
.
"This Summer isn't exactly going to be a 'normal' Summer for my family and my Youth Group. This year instead of laying out on a beach desperately trying to get a tan, no, this year we're going to be helping in the intercity with the homeless. You can't believe how much I'm looking forward to it.

I've always wanted to help people, especially children people (that's kinda obvious isn't it becuase I went to Swaziland to help children). I guess I just have a connection with children that some other members of my family do not have. I connect with kids, I understand them, maybe that's becuase I'm still a kid myself.
.
When I see children I see beautiful, special, and capable of anything kids that are unfortunately growing and growing older. I just can't understand why some people can reject or just not want children around. Children are our next generation. Who knows, maybe that little boy who picked up the avocado you dropped in the grocery store will someday be a president.

So I personally can not wait for this Summer and Summer of Signifigance to start. God has a lot of wonderful things instored for my Youth Group this Summer, I just know it."

1 comment:

~ said...

What a loving and articulate young lady your "B" is. I know that you are so proud of her...as you should be. Sounds like she is following her mama's example of loving the little ones.