Tuesday, June 08, 2010

MAKES MY REASONS SOUND REALLY LAME

I was reading a blog post by Katie, a twenty-something missionary in Uganda who is the adoptive mother of 15 children. She was writing about several of the Ugandan women that she has grown to love. This is what she has to say about one of them---


Todi, widowed after her third child was born, had recently taken in her sister's five children after her sudden death. "What was my choice?" she asked when explaining the situation to me. "God says I look after the orphans, I look after the orphans." The of them sleep together on the floor in a home about half the size of my giant kitchen table.


Wow. I think about all the reasons I give, excuses really, for not taking care of the orphans, widows, and other "least of these" and then compare them to Todi's attitude. Her life really makes my "logical" reasons sound lame.

Big sigh....

Lord, keep changing me

To read more about Katie's life and women like Todi, follow this link: http://kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com/2010/04/i-spend-much-of-my-time-in-little-slum.html

No comments: