I guess I'm just in a mood for laughter....and since I'm a bit of a wierdo, much of what I laugh at is wierd! My homeschool pal and favorite book-dealer sent me the following:
AMAZING TIPS FOR BETTER LIVING
- If you are choking on an ice cube, don't panic. Simply pour a cup of boiling water down your throat and presto. The blockage will be almost instantly removed.
- Clumsy? Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.
- For high blood pressure sufferers: simply cut yourself and bleed for a few minutes, thus reducing the pressure in your veins. Remember to use a timer.
- A mouse trap, placed on top of your alarm clock, will prevent you from rolling over and going back to sleep after you hit the snooze button.
- If you have a bad cough, take a large dose of laxatives. Then you will be afraid to cough.
- Have a bad toothache? Smash your thumb with a hammer and you will forget about the toothache.
- Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules of life really are: You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape
- Remember: Most people seem normal until you get to know them.
- Never pass up an opportunity to go to the bathroom.
- If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance.
- And finally, be really nice to your family and friends; you never know when you might need them to empty your bedpan.
Okay, did those make you smile? Chuckle a bit? NO?!? Okay, so what you might need is a funny flick.
Oh...You DID smile and laugh. Okay, so maybe what you WANT is a funny flick.
Regardless of the reason you're in the market for a few more snorts and giggles, here are some of MY favorite funny flicks:
- NACHO LIBRE
- NAPOLEAN DYNAMITE
- CHRISTMAS WITH THE CRANKS
- THE GODS MUST BE CRAZY
- CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN (I like both versions, but the new one is funnier)
- CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY
- CHICKEN RUN
- JOHNNY ENGLISH
- Various old B&W LITTLE RASCALS
- The new PINK PANTHER (with Steve Martin)
- MUPPETS FROM SPACE
- MISS FIRECRACKER
- MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING
- THE RED GREEN SHOW
Gotta run...my laundry piles are calling me. Hmmm...wonder how I can find humor in THAT?!?