Monday, December 18, 2006

And now for a break from our regularly scheduled Christmas programming....

Okay, I admit it, I'm a sucker for quizzes. I've been doing those silly things since I was old enough to read and answer the questions in juvenile magazines and then later on, periodicals geared toward teenage girls and their peer woes, crushes of the week, and fashion frenzies. With the onset of the internet, I now have a new venue for indulging this guilty pleasure. It seems that my oldest two daughters have inherited this gene from their mom (they SURE didn't get it from their DAD!) and frequently take quizzes to determine such profound outcomes as which High School Musical character they are the most like, what their fashion personality, or which Lord of the Rings character they should marry!

The latest one concerned READING! Now, anyone who knows me KNOWS that I'm a book-aholic! I've got more books in my "to read" pile than I can count. My darling husband is convinced that he'll return home one day only to find me buried beneath an avalanche of books. Well...if one has to go, I guess that's a winner. I think that death by chocolate might be the only other means of passing that might be more preferable...definitely a SWEETER passing!

Here's how today's silly quiz characterized me and I must say, it was pretty spot on! :)

What Kind of Reader Are You?
Your Result: Dedicated Reader

You are always trying to find the time to get back to your book. You are convinced that the world would be a much better place if only everyone read more.

Obsessive-Compulsive Bookworm
Literate Good Citizen
Book Snob
Fad Reader
Non-Reader
What Kind of Reader Are You?
Create Your Own Quiz

The link highlighted on the quiz doesn't work for some reason, so here's the link if YOU want to take this quiz: http://www.gotoquiz.com/what_kind_of_reader_are_you

No comments: