Tuesday, November 29, 2011

BITS OF THIS AND THAT

I thought I'd use today as a gathering of various bits and pieces. Lots of things rattling around in my brain, and in my life, but I'm not up to writing a full blog post about any of them all on their own today.

So here goes:

*Next week my 2nd born son turns 13. Hard to believe. But yep, he does. That will give us 4 teenagers living under our roof. Four. F. O. U. R. Four. Wow.

*Thanks for all of you who are praying about the decision I'm making. I'm feeling fairly confident that I'm going to go ahead with my crazy scheme as it is seeming more and more like it is actually a God-inspired scheme, and those are always the best. If you missed the prayer request, here's the link: http://elysasmusingsfromgraceland.blogspot.com/2011/11/praying-about-crazy-idea-will-yall.html


Van Rental Numbers Covered



*We're still raising money for our upcoming trip to Swaziland. If you've been wanting to help but didn't know how, there are lots of ways. You can donate to our rent-a-van fund. Each day we are there we'll need a van at $100 a day. We are looking for sponsors to cover thirteen days as a fellow Bheveni Carepoint supporter has already committed to day 1. We also would love to have folks hold fundraisers on our behalf, have us come speak to their group and take up a love offering, or donate items or services for us to auction off or sell.

*Has your family been looking for a way to make Christmas more meaningful this year? Children's HopeChest, the organization that we support Swaziland ministries through, has a simple yet powerful way that you can make a difference in the lives of children this year and include others as well: http://donate.hopechest.org/site/TR/Events/General?fr_id=1100&pg=entry



*And let's not forget to pray for the missionaries during this holiday season. Most of them absolutely love what they do but it can still be very hard to be so far away from family and friends back in the States during Christmas. It isn't too late to mail them a Christmas card, send them an online gift certificate, set up a Skype date, or post Facebook greetings. Believe me, when I lived in Swaziland, packages and cards from back home were so cherished. I hung every single card up on my wall and a package was like winning the sweepstakes. Satan works hard at discouraging missionaries. Let's do our part to love and encourage them this month.

And with that, I'll bid you adieu til next time!

No comments: