Saturday, May 05, 2007

FULL... BUT GOOD


Well, I'm plum wore out...but its a good kind of tired that's a result of a fun, full life. Yesterday was the weekly homeschool group meeting at the park and, of course, the typical errands to run plus shopping for Mother's Day gifts for the grandmothers. I managed to score 3 out of 4 in that gift-buying game. Then I helped get Super Dad and the 2 oldest boys off for another weekend of cub scout camping. They are due home any minute now but I've heard via cell phone that they've been busy having a good time.


Since hubby and the boys were gone last night, after we big girls put the wee ones to bed, we watched THE QUEEN and ate PoPcOrN. It was an excellent movie and as we had been warned about one section, I kept my finger near the mute button. Other than that it was clean and not only highly interesting, but taught all three of us a great deal.


Today A had a church outing at some one's fish pond. The teens and adults fished, goofed off, and had a hamburger cookout. Poor A was the ONLY one not to catch a fish!


While the big boys were doing the camping thing and A was off with the youth group, I took the rest of the kids for a bday party at the zoo. One of our homeschool friend's little girl is turning 3 so we all celebrated the day with her as we roamed the zoo, played on the playground, ate cake, opened presents, and rode the train around the park.


Then it was off to buy the one last gift as we waited to pick up A. She's been craving muffalettas so we stopped by the IGA on the way home to pick up some missing ingredients then it was an early supper. Though we were already very tired, B really wanted to get our garden started so we got out there after supper and put in the seedligs we had bought at Wal-Mart yesterday. We planted 2 types of tomatoes (a regular kind and some grape ones), zucchini squash, yellow squash, and Japanese eggplants. Once the ground dries up just a wee bit, we'll plan some seeds.
We gave the 3 little, sweaty, dirty kidlets a big bubble bath then put them to bed before 7:00! I love it when they still can't tell time! LOL!


Then I shooed off my big girls to watch a movie so I could get cleaned up, change into comfy pjs, veg at the pc for a while, and I'll soon crawl into bed with the two books I'm reading right now, THE AMAZING MAURICE AND HIS EDUCATED RODENTS by Terry Pratchett (a pre-read for 11 year old B) and the latest NO. 1 LADIES DETECTIVE AGENCY book by Alexander McCall Smith, THE GOOD HUSBAND OF ZEBRA DRIVE.


Tomorrow we'll have church and we're teaching children's church plus I'm helping give a baby shower for a dear friend. Mary is the mother of 4 boys and is now expecting her first baby girl.


So, I'd best be getting this weary old self off the pc. I need to rest up for the living that's still to come! Night!!!

Baby M peers at the giraffes as the bday girl gets a lift from her grandmother.
Baby M, Bday Girl C, and C's "little" brother G fascinated by the flamingo. It sure doesn't look like OUR duck!
5 year old L intently watches the flamingo as it proudly strolls past.

No comments: