Thursday, February 16, 2012

LOOK WHERE WE WENT

Look where my sweet husband took me for Valentine's Day ---- New Orleans!



P2150958 Resized


We had a beautiful room in the Marriott on Canal with an amazing view of the Mississippi River. We ate too much yummy food at Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville and --- I can't believe I'm even saying this --- too much chocolate, as well.



P2150960 Resize



Earlier that day, we'd gone to BLUE FROG CHOCOLATES on Magazine and bought an assortment of sweet goodness. We bought some really unique offerings but the best of all was the dark chocolate covered Zapp's Cajun Crawtaters. Seriously, these little crunchies are some of the best things to ever cross my taste buds.

P2140957 Resize



The next day, Jim was participating in a work-related conference, so I ate a wonderful meal with my Troubadour Social Club gran-baby Stefanie, that I've only seen about 3 or 4 times since she graduated from college. After way too little time together over a fantastic lunch (Thai ChiliChicken Po-Boy --- Oh my!) I headed north to home.

But first I missed an exit and ended up in the small community of Gramercy. I stopped at a cute little tourist info centre, shared some of my dark chocolate covered Zapp's Cajun Crawtaters after the sweet ladies helped me with a map and gave me a free bag of Zapp's made right there in the area, and then powdered my nose in an even cuter cottage. Yep, their bathrooms are housed in an adorable, regionally-themed structure.


P2150967 Resized



After my detour, I put those chocolate covered chips in the back seat so there'd be some left to share once I got home.


P2160969 Happy Road Food resized



Not because I'm a nice person where chocolate is concerned but because Jim is the nice person and told me I needed to do that.


P2160972 Resized


And that's the good thing about married love. You don't just get to go on wonderful Valentine's trips together, but you help each other be better people.

No comments: