Monday, September 12, 2011

THINGS THAT MAKE ME SMILE

I'm pretty tired today. I just spent a crazy busy weekend up at my college, Mississippi University for Women, helping out with the recruitment of new members. I love the actual parties and getting to know the new girls. I do believe I could do it for a living,.

But because of the fun of the weekend, and the large amounts of caffeine I guzzled so I'd stay away on the drive home late last night, I was up til an insane hour this morning and still feeling like I've got rush hangover. My heart is full but I don't have the energy or the brain power needed for a deep posting.

In light of that, I thought I'd just share some things with you that have been making me smile lately.

For one, look at these girls---




Aren't they precious? They are some of my sweet and strong Troubadour sisters.

And speaking of sweet, look at these wonders ----




Now I'll be up front and say that I am not a sugar addict. Give me a choice between cookies or casseroles and the casseroles are gonna win out all the way. And popcorn? I like mine salty or spicy. Much better than the sticky, sweet version. But when I stumbled across Rosie's baking blog several days ago, I found my mouth watering just from looking at her amazing creations.

You can go and drool, too, at http://sweetapolita.com/blog/.

But one of the things that made me smile the most today was my little Miss M's Swaziland picture she drew today of Grandmommy, a pet giraffe named Peanut Butter, and herself wearing classic safari gear.




I have a tickle in my brain.
And it keeps making the corners of my mouth point toward the heavens.
~Jeb Dickerson

No comments: