Saturday, May 30, 2009

NEEDFUL OF YOUR PRAYERS
.
I'd really appreciate your prayers today.
.
The first request is for Britney and Hailey Boles, two teenage girls we know through our church youth group. Their mother Dawn passed away unexpectedly yesterday. Please pray for these girls as they deal with the loss of their mom. The funeral will be tomorrow. I just can't imagine the devastation they are going through. Pray that they will know the love and peace and comfort of the Father in a very real and powerful way.
.
The second is for today's Swaziland missions trip fundraiser. Daughters A and B are right now waving and holding signs to draw people's attention to the yard sale being given on behalf of A & her friend Megan's AIM missions. Earlier this morning, things were really going slow. I talked to Megan's mom a few minutes ago and business is starting to pick up but please pray that they will sell tons of stuff and that folks will be motivated to donate money for this amazing cause. We think we're pretty close to getting all the money she needs for the trip thanks to some good sized donations she received this week and their fundraising efforts last week. Thanks be to God for His provision!
.
The third request is for safety as my husband, our oldest son D, and their scout troop goes canoeing down a local river today. It's gorgeous weather here and really a perfect day for being out in the beautifully created wilds of the South.
.
Thanks for all your prayers and please feel free to let me know how I can pray for you.
.
************************************************
Edited to add:
.
Please also pray for me. I've got million things going on....trying to work out scout camp issues, the funeral, a solo in church tomorrow, our homeschool group end-of-the-year party, the yard sale, etc. etc. and now I've got sick kiddoes. 5 year old T is throwing up and Baby M seems to be coming down with the tummy virus as well. Pray that I won't stress out, that I'll be able to think clearly and handle all that I've got to do, that I'll enjoy my children and the activities we participate in, that no more kids will get sick, and that through it all, I'll turn to Jesus. He is my rock, my strength, my provider, my fortress, my help in time of need.
.
Also, I spoke to Shannon and she said they've sold around $300 so far. They've got about another 3 hours to go so pray that they'll continue to do well. Also, that they'll have a chance to minister to people who come their way.
Thanks again.

No comments: